1.16.2009

home for the holidays

my trip home to portland went perfectly, and i was so happy to be able to see all of my friends and family. good solid quality time with my family was incredible. even better was having matias there and showing him my life. i consider myself lucky, blessed and all of the above that everyone got to meet him. he was a man of few words, but at least people know that he is real and not a figment of my imagination. the snowstorm was great and not so great at the same time. i holed up with natalie and her family, and had a snow day with the fitz fam, i even shot 12 feet into the air on the epic 1080p sled... that made me shrink a couple of inches, and actually confined me to bed for an entire day... stephen never did give me that back massage he promised. 
matias arrived on christmas day, and all the worry that i had gone through thinking about the flights  not leaving from or arriving to pdx was forgotten in an instant. as soon as he got in i felt like a smile was plastered to my face. the fam holed up at the snow lodge in eagle crest, oregon. tennis night, dinner feasts, little kids running all over the house, and  snow walks filled the next few days. i have never experienced a christmas like this one. watching the kids tear into their presents and seeing pure glee on their faces was priceless. i couldn't have asked for a more perfect christmas holiday. 
upon arriving  back to portland, i set out to show matias my town. we hit up every store owned by nike with the the first day or two. i also showed him the good eats. he ate sushi complete with spicy wasabi, we stuffed ourselves on lebanese food, feasted at "wild abandon," burned our mouths on thai food, and of course went all-american with a burgerville meal. i showed him all over portland, and we even took the tram up to OHSU, so that he could see the hospital. we kept busy, and were only slowed by the ever reoccurring sinus infection. two weeks of portland, and matias returned to north caroilna to hang out more with his brothers. i stayed another week or so at home, and then made the trip over down south to argentina land

No comments: