9.10.2008

12 days to go

after a long day consisting of a graveyard shift then a bakery shift and baby shower on little to no sustenance (food), i have a serious lack of strength. still i cannot find the motivation to get in bed. after procrastinating (ie. watching tv with mom and dad), i set to conquer the messiness of my room. before i knew it, i was packing.

i wanted to know how much i had and if it would fit into at least two suitcased. to my shock, i have nearly all of my clothes in one suitcase, and i still have plenty of room. the only things not in the suitcase are are a couple of t-shirts for use at the bakery, stretch pants, and two pairs of shorts, a pile of mending (which will take up the rest of the available space in my suitcase), and of course my underwear. sarah came over earlier today and suggested i pack not with my tried and true "roll," but by folding the clothes to the same size and then squishing them together, and placing in the suitcase as a solid row. it worked... really well. shorts, pants, tanks, long sleeve shirts, dresses, skirts, and even some sweaters all fit into my suitcase. my conscience is henceforth cleared of having too much clothes. who can say all their clothes fit into one suitcase?

back in april, i went on this major "get-rid-of-all-my-clothes/streamline" phase. my goal was simple: fit all my clothing into two suitcases minus dresses and shoes (which are awkward and somewhat large). suffice it to say, i win. and that makes me happy. i think i will go get some shut eye before my 21 hour work day (bakery-->office-->yolanda house graveyard {followed by more bakery two hours after that})....

good night.

No comments: