11.25.2008

nosebleeds

don't run your air conditioner and fan at the same time. 

apparently, it dries things out in the nasal region and then comes the nosebleeds.

i got two in 12 hours... no fun

the first one i got alone at 2am is. i was washing and my face, and... well, i don't think you need details. but i took care of it, and eventually it finished. 

then at lunch the next day, i had just finished preparing my precious salad, and then my nose tickled. i calmly held a napkin to my nose, grabbed some ice, walked to the sink, cleaned it out, and bent over and held the ice to my nose (special trick i learned when i got punched one time).

that wasn't enough. the doctor was around. i couldn't stand, i had to sit, and i couldn't just sit, i had to put my head between my legs. 

then i wasn't pinching my nose right.
i couldn't stick toilet paper up my nose, it had to be gauze.
and for goodness' sake where was the oxygenated water??? (apparently that helps a lot)

don't get me wrong, i am not complaining at all. i think it's great. it's just funny to compare what i (the common person) does as opposed to matias  (the educated doctor). i am always impressed with the knowledge and information going around in his head at all times. and with all the medical facts and tips and whathaveyous, i should qualify to be a doctor just in time for his retirement... oh wait, doctors don't retire in argentina...





No comments: